Maine AllCare is a non-partisan and non-profit, committed to educating the Maine public and policymakers, including legislators, about how to improve upon the new federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) in order to make healthcare here in Maine universally accessible and affordable for all. Maine AllCare is dedicated to the goal of achieving universal, high-quality and affordable health care for the people of Maine.
For the past 6 years, our organization and volunteers have been taking the steps to help the state of Maine achieve an improved healthcare system and service for the people of Maine.
Our Vision for the Future of Health Care in Maine
- All Mainers have access to affordable and appropriate health care and the system is supporting social and community services -- everybody in, nobody out.
- No Mainer is in danger of financial ruin because of health care costs, is locked into a job solely because it provides health insurance, is faced with stagnant or declining wages due to the rising costs of health care, or has their insurance canceled when they become sick.
- No Maine employer is faced with out of control health care costs, putting them at a competitive disadvantage relative to their domestic and international competitors.
- Maine doctors will no longer have their clinical judgment second-guessed by insurance company bureaucrats.
- Medical practice will be decided by caregivers and patients and will return to being driven by mission, not money.
- Maine patients will no longer have to wonder whether their doctor's treatment decisions are driven by their health needs or their insurance coverage.
- Maine hospital leaders will be free to offer services determined by the needs of their community, not their need or desire to generate revenue.
- The legislature will no longer have to watch rising Maincare and public employee health care costs steadily erode its ability to address other critical priorities.