Lincoln County Chapter – Meeting Minutes
Location: Great Salt Bay Farm & Heritage Center – 110 Belvedere Road in Damariscotta
Date: Monday, October 22nd
Time: 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Present 10/22: Chris Cayer, Erica Moody, Yasmin Libardi, Jon Olsen, Hazel Raby, Paul Somoza, Christopher Evolados
History: Maine AllCare has been around since 2010. The group started as a chapter of Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP). Since then, Maine AllCare has grown into the state’s largest educational/advocacy group for universal healthcare. You can read more about MAC by visiting our website: http://maineallcare.org/about/
Policy: Our goal is to implement a statewide universal healthcare system by 2022. We would prefer to see a national system but believe this type of change will happen state by state (Canada started at the province level). We advocate for a pubilcally funded, privately delivered health care system that covers everyone and includes dental and vision.
Goals: Goals through June 2019 / Progress to Goal
- 450 volunteers / 200 volunteers
- 300 trained volunteers / 144 trained volunteers
- 15,000 new emails / 3,000 new supporters
- 4 new chapters / 3 new chapters
- 24 house parties / 5 house parties
- 60 business endorsements / 10 business endorsements
Events: We are looking for volunteers to help with the following events. Please email me if you are interested in helping or learning more:
- Election Day – Tuesday 11/6 (Shifts: 8am-11am, 11am-2pm, 2pm-5pm, 5pm-8pm)
- Concert/Celebration – Friday 11/9 – more info: http://maineallcare.org/celebration/
- Host a house party! – Interested in hosting a house party? Let us know and we will help you organize one.
Election Day: Maine AllCare will be collecting support cards at the polls on Election Day. We will be in Newcastle, Bristol, Waldoboro, and Dresden. We still need help filling shifts so please let me know if you can help.
Maine AllCare Celebration: We have organized a benefit concert with Maine musicians Gordon Bok, David Dodson, and William Brown. There will be food, music, videos, and a silent auction. All proceeds go to Maine AllCare. Join us for a post-eday celebration. Tickets are only $20. More info at http://maineallcare.org/celebration/
Homework: Bring a friend/family member to our next meeting!
Next Meeting: Monday, Nov 26th at 5:30 PM – 110 Belvedere Road, Damariscotta