October 19, 2017 – Ellsworth/MDI Minutes

Ellsworth MAC Meeting October 19, 2017 

Present           Bruce Becque, Sam Bergman, Jean Rohrer, Susanne Forest, Valerie Dornan, Holly Duesenberry,                                    Burt Wartell

Agenda:

Preparation for Open Houses suggested protocol presented by Bruce cf Toolkit link from Jeff Milliken (Bruce will forward to us)

  1.  House party Sat Nov 11, 5pm Beth Wright Center, Lakes Lane, (past EBS) Ellsworth – Dr Molly Collins recommended this space
    1. panel Chris Cayer organize? Bruce will ask Chris.
    2. promotion Bruce posters and FIx-It poster, Holly Community calendars newspapers: Ellsworth American, etc, radio WERU
    3.  Food:
      1. Valerie cider
      2. Susanne vegetable platter
      3. Jean Cheese and crackers
      4. Holly Cookies and water
      5. Please arrive at Beth Wright by 4:30 pm.
  2. House party Southwest Harbor Library Thursday, Nov 16th 5:30 – 7:00 Brian Fink (MAC) will coordinate
    1. Panel Chris Cayer organize? Bruce will ask Chris.
    2. promotion
      1. Jean Community calendars newspapers: Ellsworth American, etc, radio cf Toolkit link from Jeff Milliken (Bruce will forward to us)
      2. Jean Community calendars newspapers: Ellsworth American, etc, radio WERU
    3. Food:
      1. Jean vegetable platter
      2. Bruce cider
      3. Burt cheese and crackers
      4. Holly (?) Cookies and water
      5. Please arrive at SW library by 5pm.
  3.  House party Universalist U Church Susanne is offering these dates Jan 19/26 or Feb 2.

We, as individuals, need to invite people to the Nov 11 and Nov 16th.

Bruce will contact Chris Cayer re Beth Wright and SW Harbor, and the Fix-It people so we will get access to their poster

Holly and Sam went to Lubec last month and were on the panel, so we can be panelists, too.

=======================================================================================

 Election Day

Bruce will get posters/promotional materials re the Open Houses for us to have at the polls.  Bruce is emailing us all the link re election day.

=======================================================================================

Everyone present is happy to have email address visible (i.e. not bcc) so we can contact each other and our telephone numbers will also be circulated.

=======================================================================================

Valerie will email Bruce the link to the info re Conservative arguments. Bruce will email to group.

=======================================================================================

Next Meeting Thursday Dec 14th 3:30 at Moore Center if possible Holly calling the Moore C otherwise at St Dustan’s and Jean would be arranging this.