Members present: Nancy Bogg, Dan Bryant (Leader), Mark Kiefner, Roger Marchand, Marilyn McWilliams, Ann Morrill, Robert Morrill, Elizabeth Oatley, Nancy O’Hagan, Delene Perley, Marjorie Rosenbaum, David Scotton, Bonney Starbird, David Wilcock, Dianne Wilkins.
1 - Introductions
2 – Corrected minutes of February 22, 2017 were approved.
3 – Dan summarized the March 2 Board meeting minutes.
4 – For the record, and the benefit of newcomers, Dan listed recent chapter actions -
5 – Future chapter actions –
- Now is the Time screening, June 6, 5:30 (film 6 to 7, panel discussion after), Rines Auditorium Portland Public Library (165 seats).
- Signature gathering - Longfellow Books and markets
- Business endorsements
- Roger announced that SMWC’s collection of healthcare stories should be published in the next few months.
- Dan announced the following:
- Showing of Now Is the Time to the Primary Care Progress group at MMC is set for April 13. 6-8 PM, Dana #7
- MAC’s parent group, Physicians for a National Health Program, is calling for a National Day of Action in support of Improved Medicare for All April 8
- Health Care Forum (improve ACA), April 11, Windham Library
6 – HCHR status – Dianne announced an HCHR breakfast meeting April 22, 10-12, at SMWC (68 Washington Ave.).
7 – Meeting was adjourned at 9:00. Next meetings were set for April 25 and May 16 (Tuesdays), 7 PM, at Allen Avenue Unitarian Universalist Church.
Respectfully submitted, Dan Bryant