Members present: Nancy Bogg, Audrey Briggs, Dan Bryant (Leader), Jan Chapman, Diana Cundy, Ed Cundy, Nancy Greenleaf, Jaculin McCallum, Marilyn McWilliams, Bruce Moore, Ann Morrill, Robert Morrill, Elizabeth Oatley, Delene Perley, Marjorie Rosenbaum
Guests: Chris Cayer (Statewide Field Organizer), Bryan Funk (Fundraiser, Peach Tree Strategies), Henk Goorhuis (Chairman, MAC BOD)
- Minutes of July 12, 2017 were approved.
- The need for a chapter Secretary/Scribe was briefly discussed.
- Recent chapter actions/involvements were reviewed Elders for Future Generations meeting July 14 with Sen. Collins’ staff Farmers’ Markets, Longfellow Books, Yarmouth Clam Festival, First Fridays signature gathering
- Future chapter opportunities – Now Is the Time screenings at Westbrook Community Center (Friday, Oct 13, 6 PM setup,6:30 open, 6:45 film, 8-9 panel) and South Portland Community Center (? Nov date, same times). Bryan discussed fundraising potential. Future screenings were discussed St. Alban’s church (Cape Elizabeth) presentation – Sept 17
- Chris gave a report on progress since his arrival, upcoming events, Data Entry Training
- Bryan gave an overview of fundraising strategies, including house parties and the on-line
- Marilyn (Board member, Chapter Coordinator) discussed business/organization endorsements, proposed “messaging” retreat, and the need for personal stories.
- Meeting was adjourned at 8:50. Next meeting scheduled for Sept 27, AAUU church.