See How They Voted
Maine Legislative Accountability INDEX
See how your State Representatives and State Senators voted on health care related bills that may directly affect YOUR health care COSTS.
LD 57 (HP 50)
"Resolve, To Update the Study Regarding the Feasibility of Establishing a Single-payor Health Care System"
Sponsored by Representative Paulette Beaudoin
FEBRUARY 16, 2011 AUGUSTA ME
Joint Standing Committee on
Insurance and Financial Services
- Senator Rodney L. Whittemore (R-Somerset), Chair: NO
- Senator Lois A. Snowe-Mello (R-Androscoggin): NO
- Senator Joseph C. Brannigan (D-Cumberland): YES
- Representative Wesley E. Richardson (R-Warren), Chair: NO
- Representative Jonathan B. McKane (R-Newcastle): NO
- Representative Joyce A. Fitzpatrick (R-Houlton): NO
- Representative Susan E. Morissette (R-Winslow): NO
- Representative John J. Picchiotti (R-Fairfield): NO
- Representative Sharon Anglin Treat (D-Hallowell): YES
- Representative Adam A. Goode (D-Bangor): YES
- Representative Henry E. M. Beck (D-Waterville): YES
- Representative Terry K. Morrison (D-South Portland): YES
- Representative Paulette G. Beaudoin (D-Biddeford): YES
Maine AllCare Editor's NOTE:
LD 57, a bill proposed by Representative Beaudoin of Biddeford to update a 2002 study, INCLUDING CURRENT DATA ON ALL ASPECTS OF HEALTH INSURANCE COSTS, HEALTH CARE SERVICES, DRUGS, MEDICAL DEVICES AND RELATED EQUIPMENT COSTS, as they relate to the feasibility of universal, single payer health care in Maine.
Result of Committee Vote: Bill was defeated 7-6 along party-line vote; all 7 Republicans voted "NO", all 6 Democrats voted "YES".