OXFORD COUNTY CHAPTER MEETING
TUESDAY, AUGUST 29TH 2017
- New members and attendees were introduced, including the Chair of the state wide AllCare organization.
- Abby reviewed the need to fulfill local chapter roles and responsibilities, and announced that the tasks of data czar/co-chairperson and chairperson have been accepted by Jen and Lesia respectively.
- The group watched the documentary “Sick Round the World,” by T.R. Reid, and then engaged in
- Discussion of the points raised by said film, including the general themes of universal inclusion, limits to charges and payments and control of cost inflation.
- With Hank leading discussion we reviewed the goals of Maine AllCare, including universal coverage, public financing, and private delivery, and how each nation approached these core concepts.
- We discussed the upcoming Norway Town Hall meeting and the importance of supporting Medicaid expansion without subtracting form our long run goal to expand beyond the coverage and structure of the ACA
- We discussed what we can do as a local chapter, including but not limited to:
- collecting and telling personal stories of challenging health care and costs
- working to promote partnership endorsements by employers and other organizations, and their forwarding information to their employees and members learning of consistent talking points
- representation at booths at the Oxford, Cumberland and Fryeburg fairs, and AFL-CIO meeting
- the importance of fund raising, personal and otherwise, with goal of $1000 for the chapter
NEXT MEETING PLANNED FOR SEPT. 26TH, 6:30PM, SAME LOCATION
Tom Sterne, MD